Last Modified: July 5, 2023
OUR WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13 AND WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY SOLICIT OR COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ON OUR WEBSITE FROM CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13. IF WE LEARN THAT A CHILD UNDER THE AGE OF 13 OR SOMEONE ON THEIR BEHALF HAS SUBMITTED PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO US THROUGH OUR WEBSITE, WE WILL TAKE REASONABLE MEASURES TO DELETE SUCH INFORMATION FROM OUR RECORDS AND TO NOT USE SUCH INFORMATION FOR ANY PURPOSE (EXCEPT WHERE NECESSARY TO PROTECT THE SAFETY OF THE CHILD OR OTHERS, AS REQUIRED BY LAW, OR AS MAY OTHERWISE BE REQUIRED BY LAW). IF YOU LEARN THAT A CHILD UNDER 13 HAS PROVIDED US WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION WITHOUT CONSENT, PLEASE CONTACT US.
Information We Collect About You
- on our Website;
- in email and other electronic messages between you and us;
- when you interact with our social media pages and/or accounts (which use is also subject to the privacy policies of the service provider upon which such page or account is hosted); and
- when you sign up for one of our newsletters or mailing lists.
- the Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third-party; or
We collect several categories of information from and about users of our Website (“Personally Identifiable Information”). By way of example but not limitation, this includes information such as:
- email address;
- telephone number; and/or
- any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline.
We may also collect information about you but does not identify you (“Non-Identifiable Information”). By way of example but not limitation, this includes information such as:
- internet connection;
- the equipment you use to access our Website;
- usage details;
- device information and settings;
- unique device identifiers;
- operating system information;
- application IDs; and/or
- crash data.
How We Collect Information About You
We may collect both Personally Identifiable Information and/or Non-Identifiable Information on or through our Website from you. By way of example but not limitation, this includes information we collect:
- directly when you provide it to us (see Information You Provide to Us);
- through your use of our Website and links you interact with;
- from third parties (for example, our business partners); and/or
- automatically as you navigate through our Website (See Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies).
Information You Provide to Us
We collect Personally Identifiable Information and/or Non-Identifiable Information that you provide us. By way of example but not limitation, this includes
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us;
- information provided through email, text message, and postal mailing list sign ups;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and/or
- your search queries on our Website.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter “posted”) on our Website and/or on other platforms (such as social media accounts) separate from our Website (“User-Generated Content”).
Your User-Generated Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of the social media platforms on which you choose to provide User-Generated Content, and we cannot control other users of our Website that are able to access your User-Generated Content or with whom you may choose to share your User-Generated Content.
For more information on the creation and use of User-Generated Content on our Website, please read our Website Terms & Conditions of Use, incorporated herein by reference.
Information We May Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. By way of example but not limitation, this includes:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website; and/or
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites and online services should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard for responding is established, we may revisit our policy on responding to these signals.
The information we collect automatically may Personally Identifiable Information and/or Non-Identifiable Information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and/or
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
By way of example but not limitation, the technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include, but are not limited to:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personally Identifiable Information and/or Non-Identifiable Information. By way of example but not limitation, we use information
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- to present, operate, manage, and improve our Website and for marketing and administrative purposes;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to notify you about changes and updates to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to improve our service or to facilitate special events connected to our company or services;
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, including to comply with the terms of your lease with us, to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process, to enforce our rights, to prevent fraud, and to protect the security of our Website;
- to analyze usage, administer our Website, and gather demographic information for aggregate use;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information; and/or
- with your consent, in other ways.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you including, by way of example but not limitation, third-party sponsored products and services.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to certain schools, universities, leadership or development programs or other third parties that we may or may not be affiliated with or that are listed on our website and that you have chosen to either apply to or interact with via our website or through other communication with us;
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred (a “Business Transfer”);
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply our Website Terms & Conditions of Use, available at https://bettertolearn.com/terms-of-use and other agreements; and/or
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com.
Data Access, Correction, Retention and Destruction
We strive to provide you with choices and control regarding your Personally Identifiable Information. You have the right to access and change your Personally Identifiable Information. We will retain Personally Identifiable Information for as long as necessary to accomplish our purposes for such data.
However, we may not be able to delete your information except by also deleting your user account. At the time your information is deleted, we will destroy your Personally Identifiable Information using reasonable data-destruction practices.
Further, we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident, you may ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information that we share with our Partners and/or third-parties for marketing purposes and to refrain from sharing your Personal Information with certain of these entities for their marketing purposes.
In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.”
Please allow 30 days for a response.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed with the intent to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we endeavor to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
We are committed to ensuring that our communications are accessible to people with disabilities. To make accessibility-related requests or report barriers, please contact us using one of the methods below.
Legacy Heritage Programming VI LLC